Tips for Making the most of your GROWS experience
Here are some ideas from veteran attendees to help make the most of your New England Grows experience
Preparing for the show:
- Register early and SAVE!!! Best rates expire January 15.
- Download the latest version of the GROWS mobile app to access everything you need to know before, during and after New England Grows 2015. The February 2105 version of the app will be available in mid-January on iTunes and Google Play.
- If you’re staying in town, save on hotel rates and book by early January. Our affiliated hotels are the closest accommodations to the conference center. Hotel Reservations
- If you’re just making a day trip, avoid traffic and full parking lots by checking out all the various public transportation options available to Boston. Transportation
- Join New England Grows on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to stay up to the minute on all show activitiy throughout the year. Show previews, discussions, contests and announcements will provide you with all of the information you need to hit the ground running. You can also use our social media sites to help find someone to carpool with, ask questions about the show, or attend a tweet up.
- Need CEU credit? Make sure you have an ALL ACCESS pass and that your license numbers were entered at the time of registration. Your badge must get scanned at the start of the seminar in order for you to receive credit. An e-mail will be sent to you immediately following the event. It will give your instructions on how to download your personalized Certificate of Attendance. Be sure to retain it for your files.
- Educational opportunities – Educational seminars are held in the Ballrooms on Level 3 and Room 205 on Level 2. On the tradeshow floor, there are additional learning opportunities via Sprint Sessions on the Common Ground stage (in the center of the tradeshow floor), through Ask Extension at the Bright Ideas Center, and live demonstrations throughout the day.
Don’t leave home without:
- Registration confirmation — You can print your attendee registration confirmation OR open the email on your smart phone. Then, to check in, simply scan the bar code and go!
- ID - your license, passport or student ID may be requested at registration.
- Comfortable shoes — You’ll do plenty of walking from seminars to the expo floor, so come prepared!
- Layered clothing — The facility does its best to regulate room temperature, but every year some people say the meeting rooms are too warm and others say they are too cold. Layers are the answer.
- Plenty of Business cards to help with networking
- Fully charged cell phone — Make sure to bring your cell phone fully charged to keep in touch with colleagues throughout the day. If you do find that your batteries are low, join us at our "recharging stations" on the Common Ground.
- Your Laptop — If you wish to check your email remotely or do some work, the facility offers complimentary Wi-Fi service.
Start to finish at the show:
- Arrive early, seminars are first-come, first-served and the building is very large. Allow yourself time to get the lay of the land.
- Once you arrive at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, go to the Registration area in the North Lobby to pick up your badge.
- Lost and Found and the First Aid stations are located near the Registration in the North Lobby.
- In addition to the larger educational seminars held in the meeting rooms, there are smaller programs on the trade show floor. Check the program for details.
- If you are attending seminars for CEU credits, make sure your license numbers were entered at the time of registration and that the numbers appear on your badge. Be sure to get scanned going into the meeting room. At the end of the day you can easily print your Certificate of Attendance online. Re-certification Information
- Don’t wear your badge outside the convention center so it’s not apparent that you are a visitor. Put it in your pocket or handbag when you leave for the day.
- Help us stay “green” and recycle your badge before you walk out the door at the end of the week.
- Be sure to pick up the list of local restaurants at the Information Counter in Registration that will be offering discounts to our participants. You can hitch a ride on the complimentary shuttle being provided by the Westin Waterfront Hotel. Shuttle pickup and final drop off will be at the Westin Waterfront Hotel, directly next to the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center.
- Any questions? Stop by the New England Grows Welcome Center either in the North Lobby or in the middle of the tradeshow floor.
When you get home
- While you’re fresh in their mind and they’re fresh in yours, make contact with the leads you just obtained.
- Join us on FaceBook, Twitter & Pinterest and keep the conversation going.
- Post about your experience on our Facebook page or send a link to your blog on the show to info@NewEnglandGrows.org. Select blogs will be posted on our website.
- Send us your feedback at info@NewEnglandGrows.org… we want to hear from you. This is your conference.